Thursday 25 September 2014

Show UP

I recently started jogging and as I jog, people would say ‘hey I will join you sometime’, or ‘...come get me the next time you jog’. The interesting thing is that I have found that very few people would actually show up the day of the jog or after I had told them when we are jogging.  As much as I want to achieve something in life I have found that I say I want to do something and go somewhere yet I don’t even show up. In most instances the first thing that I need to do is show up.

Knock, knock is anybody home?
*silence*

People have showed up in my life, some have been very good and influential others not so good and what did I do, nothing. I don’t know what I missed. Honestly I can say that in some cases I peeped through the whole and saw a gun; my response was not to answer in that case I dodged a bullet. Allow me to blow my own horn and say that, that was a wise move. Other times in fear I hid not even to peep through the whole to see what lay ahead.

The most interesting times have been when I knocked peeped and opened. I was willing to listen and see what I could do with the opportunity presented and the choice would lie with me do I take a chance or decline. My favourite times have been those rear, very rear times when I opened the door and a gift lay on the floor.

Knock, knock.
(peep through whole, safe to open)
*open*



Stranger: “Welcome to Life.”


No comments

Post a Comment

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall