Friday 27 March 2015

Perfect Ideal vs. Reality

If there was one word to describe the current season I am in ‘busy’ would be the most fitting word.

The thing is I work and study, there is an ideal standard of what I would like and then there is reality. The difference between the two is one happens the other never happens you can take your pick, which one happens. I find myself asking very often ‘why work hard?’ ‘What is to gain?’ ‘Quitting would be so much simpler, so why not quit?’

So, here is the contrast of a normal day in Gwen’s life versus what she would like to happen...


Perfect Ideal day vs. Reality


Perfect Ideal
Reality
5:30 am
wake up and jog
Sleeping
6:30 am
get ready for work
Sleeping... somehow got ready for work
7:45 am
at work
at work
4:00 pm
Finish work
Finish work
5:00 pm
Study
Sleep/lying on my bed/ study a bit
6:00 pm
Supper
Supper
8:00 pm
Study
Busy with something else/Study
10:00 pm
Study
Study
11:00 pm
Finish studying
Sleep/Still studying
12:00 am
Showered and in bed
Sleep/Sometimes still studying


How annoying is that the things in my Perfect and ideal world get done in my Reality but, they are muddled in with life. For instance 2 weeks ago I was sick I had a cold I managed to go to work but, the moment I got home all I could do was sleep. Then we have the few days that come and I have to be somewhere in the evening and there goes my 3hr ≥ study day.



Reality is real, but it is not excuse not to work around it we still need to get the important things done but, we also need to take it easy on ourselves once in a while. A good plan goes a long way but, wisdom accompanied with a plan and reality make for a great day.


No comments

Post a Comment

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall