Wednesday 2 September 2015

I AM A GLADIATOR

I can feel it in my back,
the weight of carrying life and pushing for greatness
my fists are always clenched
my chest is always out
fighting is what I do
I am a Gladiator
no one gave me an armoured suit
no my friend
I was just placed in the middle of life and told to grow
being who I am I complied…
… at some point in this journey of Greatness I think I gave up
I don’t know where
I don’t know when but I think I did
It got too hard
I got too much
I grew too tired
But, here I am again
but, I think my shoulders are lower
my eyes downcast
but, I'm still fighting, still breathing
and perhaps someone  may come along side me push me
thinking that I will fall
not me honey
I won’t
It is a mystery to me how I am still up
I am tired
I am sick
but, I am not giving up
I did not get handed the ‘this will be easy card’
No one said a word of such
This I have; HOPE
Hope that I will accomplish the desires of my heart
Hope that I will have the strength to conquer my dream
Hope that I will have the courage to love
Hope that I will see you alongside me living your dream
Hope, my friend can drive a man to do crazy things
it will drive him to see beyond his current world
it will keep him up at night,
fighting to turn a dream into reality.
My sleep is but, that sleep
I no longer dream for my life is a dream
I walk around with my mind racing
I don’t think I could quit
even if I wanted to
even if I tried
I have so many gifts in life
Quitting is not one of them
So, here I am fighting another day
Some fighters are not in a cage with bruised knuckles
Some fighters roam around the corridors of life changing the world
On battle at a time.

See you around the corner, I won't be waiting for you

That is not what I do, I am a GLADIATOR, I gotta do what I do….

 FIGHT.

 



No comments

Post a Comment

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall