Thursday 30 January 2014

Thank You, to the Men

To: My Dad, my Brothers, my Uncles, my Cousins, my Teachers and my Friends.

I have been blessed to have great men in my life. People can be so quick to generalise and say that all men are bad and that there are no good men anymore. When we do say such I think that it comes from a place of pain and deep hurt. 

We live in a world that criticises more than it encourages, I think that sometimes we overlook all the good in life because we are consumed by the negative realities in this life. There is indeed so much pain that has been brought at the hands of men but, it would be arrogance to claim that women have clean hands. There is definitely a lot to complain about in this world, pick up a newspaper and see but, good exists and to forever be focused on the bad, I would think that would make the heart sick.

History is full of Great people Men and Women. It sometimes feels like it is the grave site that holds all the great people but, I believe we have great people in our mists. The men who still open doors; the sweet lady who ask ‘how are you doing?’ and waits for an answer; the young boy who picks up someone else’s litter and throws it away; the teens who help a lady carry groceries to her car; the men who help an elderly couple change a tire at the side of a road….

Greatness surrounds us every single moment but, today I want to honour the Great Men in our world.

I want to be part of a generation that speaks out when wrong is done but, I also want to be part of the generation that celebrates the good in this life. So, Thank You to the Men.


No comments

Post a Comment

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall