Thursday 31 December 2015

A new year, a new day.

The fight never ends. Life is not different because it is a different year, our struggles they are all still there. Your bank balance is the same, your family still drives you crazy and your new year’s resolutions have been the same for the past 5 years. When the clock strikes midnight there won’t be any glass slippers to find, your dirty laundry needs to be washed, groceries bought and maintenance needs to get done around the house.

I think greatness happens in between all of that, ‘that’ being what we would call the mundane things of everyday. And might I add it is not mundane, it is essential, the annoy bath, breakfast, drive to work are possible reasons you could get fired if you didn’t do. I hope greatness happens in between all of this.

2015 had its moments, good and bad it is part of the past. I would like for 2016 to be different. Life being what it is, it will be the same good and bad the thing is I would like to choose how my 2016 goes. The saying goes 10% of life is what happens to you 90% is how you react/respond to it I wonder how true that is….

Today is the last day of the year, tomorrow is literally a new year, not just a new day; it comes with its beauties, its gloms but, it is new. A fresh start, that is what you get, what I get, what we get. So that leads me to wonder what I will do with my new year. I am afraid to make resolutions because there are pending resolutions… but, I will do it any way I will put 5 things in my journal… and I will revisit them often. I may fail, but I may succeed so I will be hopeful and realistic.

Another year has pasted and I am still writing… that is a win, I did not write as frequent as I wanted but, I still wrote but even more importantly you still read Thank you.

Happy New Year…   
 

2 comments

  1. Thanks for this post, Gwen. You're right it's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things don't go our way. Believing is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believing is half the battle...so true... we forget that, too often.

      Delete

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall