Thursday 17 December 2015

Humility is at the core of who I am

The mere experience of being with people is enough to leave you humbled. Pride usually reside where people are present. It is a place where comparing, takes over, grades and classes are allocated and human beings defined by that which is seen on the outside. Living and being with people has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life. It has revealed not others to me, but rather myself to myself. I have learnt that as much patience that I have to exercise with others; others have to exercise with me and if not so more.


Life humbles sometimes in difficult ways, ways that you remember for every part of your life. Ways that make you cry when you think of them. Ways that bring shame and scorn to families. Oh, life humbles.  It has a way of showing you what truly matters and what a great waste is. Look at the large sums of young people dying, I sometimes feel like people don’t die of old age anymore, like it’s a thing of the past.

This I know my friend I have much to learn and more to grow. I do not wake up thinking that I am great but, I am often reminded but my heart that I am yet scorned by my heart that I am not. I wish I knew what tomorrow held, to just know or get a glimpse that this life i live contains more. Will I have left a legacy or will my words be hidden in unfound places? Forget I remember what I wrote remember what I said.

Will I have the honour to change a life, to move a heart, to do something beyond my earthen vessel? Can I too, be selfish and proudly say that i want to leave my footprint on this life. Can I? Would you let me be more than I envision for myself not deserving because I never will? I will never be qualified to recite a poem to you or have you read my work but could you anyway.....

 Humility is at the core of who I am.... wanted never attained..... such is LIFE

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Journey of Greatness
Maira Gall